I still can't duplicate your problem - if I have titles (labels) for the two
ranges, columns A and C:
1. Click cell A1 - the title of the first set of data
2. Press Shift+Ctrl+Down Arrow (the whole column is selected down through
all the solid data.
3. Keep the Ctrl key down and click C1
4. Press Shift+Ctrl+Down Arrow (the whole of column C is selected and A is
5. Choose Insert, Scatter, give me the correct data on both axis and it uses
the tilte in column C as the Legend.
Regarding a few new features - I have personally documented 1800+ new
features in 2007. When Excel went from version 2002 to 2003 I was hard
pressed to find more than 10!
I personally agree with you regarding handling of the data series in the
dialog boxes for charting, but hopefully they will clear these issues up in
If this helps, please click the Yes button